I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

8.5.06

My Big News

Well, there have been no posts recently because I've been unable to think of anything other than my big news: I was interviewing for and have been offered the Information Services Manager position at the Johnson County Public Library. I am, as one of our delightful assistant librarians puts it, "out of my body with excitement." My last day here will be June 2, which seems a long, long ways off. I'm sure it will come soon enough.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end, yeah."
(Closing Time, by Semisonic, a little blast from the late 90's, boy, I love that song.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! That's wayyyy coool! Congratulations, Whitney.

Mickey Coalwell said...

Whitney,
cOnGrATulAtIoNS!! Such great news. I hope you will continue to blog on library issues. I've enjoyed all your posts to date, and anticipate finding them more relevant than ever as you move into your new responsibilities. Joco is really making some fantastic hires recently. Best wishes for a congenial and mutually beneficial relationship with JoCoLib!

Anonymous said...

..."you don't have to go home but you. can't. stay. here."

congrats, whit.

leadership participant said...

welcome to the Jo Co world