I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

4.10.05

30sec Forever?

There's some sort of karma thing going on here--the name of my blog has come up three times in three different conversations over the last few days. I always intended to change it each year on my birthday, which would then make it the :31 Second Librarian this year, the :32 Second Librarian in 2006, etc., etc. The URL wouldn't change, as I used my screen name (whitneydt) instead of the name of the blog in the location as I was anticipating this little artifice.

So far, the votes are three for three against changing the name annually. Although I realize that the :31 Second Librarian just doesn't have quite the same ring as 30sec, I think it both recognizes the passage of time in a small way and encompasses my desire that someday I really will have an extra second, or an extra 30 seconds when I'm sixty, or an extra sixty seconds when I'm 90. There's some kind of hope tied up in the name change, and I'm unwilling to give that up.

Also, I promised when I got started that I would write about why my age is such an important descriptor for me right now--I'll make that my birthday post.

WDT

No comments: