I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

23.1.06

Lazy Post

If Queequeg can do it, I can do it, too.

1. Name three things you can't live without:
Beatrice, sunlight, text

2. If you could hang out for a night with any fictional character, who would it be?
I have absolutely no answer for this! I just don't know!

3. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?
Meteorologist, professional musician (string bass)

4. Right now what do you want to be when you grow up?
The big boss lady

5. What song always makes you cry?
"Stones in the Road" by Mary Chapin Carpenter

6. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
The way to manage your to-do list is not to do more but to manage the expectations behind the list.

7. Are you a good liar?
Absolutely not--my face shows everything

8. What still surprises you about your life?
I'm a suburbanite mommy librarian and generally happy being just that

9. What quality can make you instantly connect to someone?
Eye sparkle

10. What turns you off right away?
An "I deserve it" attitude

11. What's really difficult for you?
Managing the expectations behind the list (see #6)

12. What do you wish you'd done differently?
I wish I had demanded my parents buy me a bass for high school graduation

13. Desert island picks?
Swiss army knife and a semi full of sunscreen

14. Favorite spot at home?
Kitchen table--I just love to sit there

15. What emotion motivates too many of your actions?
Fear (see #6, yet again)

16. Favorite kind of extreme weather?
Wind without storms--it's a Kansas thing, and maybe a southern/western Kansas thing at that

17. Do you have any recurring dreams?
I have nightmares about tornadoes

18. Psychic or shrink?
Shrink

19. Vintage or modern?
Modern

20. Do you ever scream?
Not usually, although I yell more than I'd like

21. What are you most afraid of?
My to-do list (again, see #6)

No comments: