I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

27.5.05

Blogging in the Golden Land of El Dorado!

Micaela Ayers down El Dorado way has a lovely little blog (with a lovely little post about yours truly) at http://livelibrary.blogspot.com/.

I love the concept of "...my library, which lives as much in my mind as in the L.W.Nixon Library of Butler Community College." Aren't we all really reaching for that "library of the mind"? Our imaginary public library meets the needs of every child, teen, adult, and senior; our imaginary academic library is full of active, engaged students and in contact with all our distance students; our imaginary hospital library is a vital information center for the institution.

Cheers to Micaela, and here's to getting our real libraries closer to the libraries in our minds.

No comments: