I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

8.6.05

Bloglines bugaboo

I use Bloglines to track a variety of RSS feeds, mostly because I like being able to get to my feed list from any Internet-enabled device I happen to have at my disposal.

However, I've noticed recently that a lot of my feeds are not updating as they should, so I am unsubscribing and resubscribing and that seems to help. I guess there's more than one way to spend a semi-slow reference shift.

One possible cause of this is that some of my feeds have moved to RSS2, but this doesn't seem to be a consistent issue (?). Hmm.

I am having some trouble balancing my feeds; there's a lot of techno-biblio stuff out there, and much of it is good, but a lot of it is really redundant, too. I'm also tracking some content management/teaching and learning technology blogs and a few feeds that relate more or less to Health Policy and Management, and it is just getting a little out of hand. I think the answer is to pick my top 10 techno-biblio feeds and let the rest go. I'll post what I keep when I get a chance.

No comments: