I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

15.6.05

Cleaning House

OK, so I'm not actually cleaning my house, I'm cleaning up my online-information-gathering house. Since I recently tidied up my feeds in Bloglines, I decided I also needed to clean out the 40+ items that I had marked "new" just because I didn't want to lose them.

Once upon a time, I had a process where I looked at something in Bloglines and if I wanted to keep it, I Furled it for futher reference. After the hard drive on my laptop died a while back, I never managed to get my Furl button reinstalled and so things have just been backing up on me in Bloglines--a ton of online-info-clutter.

So, I just cleaned it all out. I moved it all into Furl. Now, I didn't tag anything there, but tidying my Furl archive is way less vital because it's keyword searchable. That's something for a slow Firday afternoon, but getting that backlog of Bloglines items swept away feels like absolute freedom.

WDT

No comments: