I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

14.6.05

Feed me!

After just whining about not having anything to talk about, I now have blog post topics backing up on me.

First, and as promised, here's my weeded list of feeds. I'm not going to say who got cut; I only managed to delete about five entries from my list. They were good blogs, but they did a lot of pointing to other blogs and saying "me, too." I just don't have the time for that.

Also, I'm not saying my list is in any way exhaustive or authoritative or anything. That's the great thing about getting your news via RSS--it's what you want, when you want it! I highly recommend developing a mix that meets your needs.

Drumroll, please!

************************
:30 Librarian (vanity made me add this, so I'd have at least one Bloglines subscriber, although now I have a whopping total of three)

Amazon.com (Updates me when books by a particular author become available)

BHIC (Bringing Health Information to the Community, Siobhan Champ-Blackwell-the-Mover-and-Shaker's blog)

EdTechPost (Content management system news)

The Informatics Review (Health Policy and Management journal)

Medical Informatics Insider (More information for HPM)

ResourceShelf's DocuTicker (Very high-traffic, covers a lot of social issues good for HPM)

Free Range Librarian (I would call this the librarian's ur-blog)

A Library Writer's Blog (Publishing and presenting opportunities to help fluff my CV)

blogwithoutalibrary.net (Usually unique content)

C&I Updates (Walt Crawford's alerting service, although I almost never get to read Cites & Insights these days)

Catalogablog (All the news on metadata and AACR that you could ever want)

The Days & Nights of the Lipstick Librarian! (She's just sassy, so I read her)

The Handheld Librarian (PDA schtuff for the library set)

Hospital library advocacy (Needs no explanation, not a lot of posts)

The Krafty Librarian (Techno-hospital librarian who posts great material)

librarian.net (Quality librarian blog)

LibrarianInBlack (Count on the LiB to comment on all the important library news/drivel of the day)

ResourceShelf (Professional reading updates)

The Shifted Librarian (Quality librarian blog)

TechnoBiblio (Yet another quality librarian blog)

User Education Resources for Librarians (Teri Hartman's edu-biblio blog, unique entries)

AL Online News (American Libraries news)

Librarians' Index to the Internet (Great links)

Library Link of the Day (Great links as well)

LISNews.com (All the biblio news that's fit to blog)

Open Access News (All the open access news that's fit to blog, plus some)

Pew Internet and American Life Project: Front Page (What are those Pew people studying now?)

ResearchBuzz (The #1 source for news about search and our friend Google)

Techdirt ("Easily digestible technology news")

Wired News ('Cuz I never get to read the mag)

No comments: