I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

16.8.05

Back to the Franklin

An organizational update: the wiki never really got off the ground; my current PDA won't sync with my Groupwise calendar without some major effort, so there's really no reason to carry it around; both Google Desktop and Grokker have fallen short of my perennial organizational dream (although I can see some use for Grokker a few versions from now).

So, I am once again drowning in sheets from notepads and other miscellaneous slips of paper, and I think I have only one choice: go back to my Franklin Planner.

I know I made a mistake when I bought a new system last fall and chose a compact binder instead of the "classic" size I carried from 1997 to 2003. I just wanted something that would fit in a large purse (instead of, say, a totally-librarian-tote-bag), but the compact size is too small to handle what I throw at it. Heck, the daily to-do list only has 26 spaces!

I've got to say, though, that I return to the Franklin semi-willingly. For one thing, it's a book, a lovely, red, leather-bound book, and there's something calming and comforting about the physicality of the object. You can play games on your PDA, but you can't use it as a wubby.

WDT

No comments: