I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

29.8.05

Logic Models Are Just So... Logical

I keep a little mental list of things I've learned at work, both positive and negative, that were of lasting value. I learned all about copiers, printers, Excel, and mail merges. I learned that your employess respect you more if you are usually the last to leave on Friday instead of the first. I learned computer-based MARC-21 cataloging from one of the most personable catalogers you will ever meet, and as a corollary I learned the truth of the statement "Garbage in, garbage out."

From the RML, I learned about logic models (among other things), and I just can't get over how useful they are for planning any kind of project. What I really want to know about my work is what kind of impact it's making, and it you work the logic model system in its logical way, you can easily assess your impact or lack thereof.

Logic models are a valuable way to think about your work, and it's one more reason I am so happy I had my time with the RML.

WDT

No comments: