I'm 32, I'm a librarian, and I only have a second.

27.2.06

Consuming Podcasts

OK, here's what I've learned about listening to podcasts so far: Apparently my podcast attention span is about 15 minutes. During my listening times, I was perfectly pleased with the shorter items but then found that I'd get to a longer broadcast and skip out at about the fifteen minute mark.

I don't have this problem with audiobooks; I have even extended my walk a couple of times so I could hear a little more. However, the podcasts I'm subscribed to are all entertainment, and so I think the issue is that if it's not entertaining, I can always skip to the next item to see if it's better. And frankly, if I run out of content while I'm walking, I can take the darn earphones out and listen to the birds, or the cars, or whatever's around me. That's more entertaining than an hour of blather. It's a pretty high standard for a poor podcast to live up to!

If you listen to podcasts, what's your favorite feed? I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: